Thursday, March 02, 2006

Aural Fixations


Unlike those that have a single musical genre that they love and stick to, I find that my musical tastes change like the shifting sands of time. Ok, I don't really know what that means, but it almost seems that my music tendencies change from week to week. Over the last several days I have been hooked on music that is best described as what you might hear in an upscale fashion store. For lack of a better term I lump this category into something called "BCBG Music" or BCBGM for the rest of you. I stumbled upon a site the other day while applying for fashion jobs that had a link to the person that does the music for this particular company's site. The site is http://www.aural-fixations.com/mixed.htm and what you do is just click on one of the mixes and then you have the ability to listen to an hour or so of pre-mixed music. It is a great *cheap* way to get a, as Charles Pierce would say, "chill" atmosphere in your house/apartment.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Whatever you do, please, for the love of god, do not release the sands of time. We had one helluva time putting them back last time, and I'm just not up for it again.

Justin said...

The problem with techno is that it is either really freaking sweet or just incredibly stupid, and it's generally the latter. I'd say 10% of the time it's good, and the other 90% it's about as cool as an electric belt sander to the eyeball, or a shower with your dad. I'll leave you with your pick of analogies.

JMC said...

www.pandora.com

You'll see; you get your own radio station(s).