Friday, July 21, 2006

Dusty Sleeper

This evening my wife and I decided that we were going to watch something out of our collection of movies. After scanning through them we lighted upon one that we had purchased in a group deal at one point and then never got around to watching. I knew that it was good, but not as good as I was ready for. The movie that we chose was The Phantom of the Opera. First off, let me just say...Wow. Emmy Rossum has an incredible voice...which just goes along perfectly with her innocent beauty: a perfect dovetail of grace and purity. The music of The Phantom of the Opera is resplendent...it draws you in immediately, but I had heard the music before. It was when I finally got to see it with the visually stunning feats of the silver screen that it truly became breathtaking. If you haven't seen this overwhelming masterpiece I highly recommend it. Oh, and by the way, it is an opera...so 90% of the dialogue is musical.

1 comment:

Mair said...

Phantom of the Opera is an opera?!?!?!?!