Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Lot Like...

Every once and a while I stumble upon a somewhat unknown movie that I really enjoy watching. It is like finding a needle in a haystack because I have to sort through lots of crappy no-name movies before I find one that I enjoy. Tonight I would like to feature the movie A Lot Like Love. It is a somewhat sappy romance story that takes place over a period of about seven years. The thing that I like about the movie is that it seems to be very real at times. I find myself relating to the characters in the sense that they are searching for what lies ahead in life for them and the realization that your "plan" doesn't always work out how you...well...planned. If you are in the mood for something sappy and romantic I give my stamp of approval.

For other interesting movies to watch check out:

Stay - a twisted thriller that messes with your head...if you see the twist in the movie you are a genius
A History of Violence - very bloody and graphic but extremely well done...it actually won awards at the Cannes Film Festival
Sliding Doors - a movie that have a very unique concept that makes you think "what if..."

4 comments:

Mair said...

I saw Sliding Doors a long time ago and thought it was really great. We just watched a History of Violence the other night...still not sure what I think of it, other than the fact that it was incredibly upsetting.

Anonymous said...

I have a bitter taste in my mouth about "A Lot Like Love," though I can't recall why. Cheesball romance stories generally don't rank high on my list.

"Sliding Doors," however, is an excellent movie.

-Michelle

CharlesPeirce said...

I loved A History of Violence--my wife decided she was out after the scene in the diner with the two thugs, so I put the headphones on and soldiered on myself. Disturbing but unbelievably well acted by everyone.

Justin said...

Not so much a big fan of A History of Violence. Since when does Aragorn get immortality and then start his own diner? I kept waiting for him to whip out the Flame of the West and take Ed Harris' head off, and each second that he didn't, my fury raged unchecked.