Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nothing Under 600 Please...

One thing that everyone should splurge on in their life is a set of very good bedsheets. There is nothing like laying down on a set of 600 thread count (or higher) sheets. I notice a difference the instant I lay down on a set of nice sheets. It is almost like the Egyptian cotton speaks to my weary body and invites my mind to come into the world of peaceful rest. Of course, you can't throw expensive sheets on a bad bed, but that goes without saying. My wife and I have three very nice sets of sheets and they were worth every penny we spent. When we were picking out our sheet sets for the new bed she wanted to go with the basic 250 thread count sheets, but I would have none of it. I said that if we were going to spend the money, why not shell out for a really good set. So we ended up getting an 800 thread count Egyptian cotton set. Once you've tried it you never want to go back. About a month ago we saw a 600 set on sale and I persuaded her that it would be a good investment since we could use another set aside from the jersey and satin sets that we have. Final verdict: if you are out go ahead and pick up a set... you probably can find a set for right around $100 if you look hard enough.

6 comments:

Mair said...

Marshall's and TJ Maxx are the best places to look for discount, but high quality sheets.

JMC said...

I just want to know what you lay on those nice sheets...

RJ said...

yeah, tell us.

Justin said...

I use a sheet, but it's plastic. What it lacks in comfort it makes up in utility.

Mair said...

We just saw 1000 thread count sheets on sale and Bed, Bath and Beyond for $104.00 (queen size). Boy was it tempting...but $104.00 is a lot of money, even if it's a good deal.

GMack said...

Man almighty, I would have shed out the money for those sheets. If one can put a price on supreme happiness...I think $104.00 might cover it.