Saturday, February 24, 2007

Back in Black... and White

Preface: This post isn't supposed to be anything amazing. Oh, and I'm aware that this is a color picture.

Act I: While I've been up in NYC, I've had time to think about things that I like and things that I don't. One of the items as of late that is been on the forefront of my mind is advertising. The more I think about it, the more I appreciate a good advertisement. Truly good advertising is more that just propaganda. It moves into the realm of art. The photography is amazing in some of the magazines that I flip through. One company that has a very well done advertising campaign is Ralph Lauren. It is why the brand, started by a former Brooks Brothers employee, has become a true Global Lifestyle Brand or GLB. As I probably have said in times before, fashion is no necessary. So, in order to get continual sales, you must play to the human emotional center. Lucky for us, this borders on the dream center. In fact Mrs. Dream often comes over to Mrs. Emotional's house to borrow a cup of sugar and chat about the brooding weather over in depression county.

2 comments:

RJ said...

Where's Act 2? Why wasn't this post something amazing? Did you know that that picture is in color? Why didn't you have time to think about what you like and don't like before moving to NYC, or was that just a "slick" way of reminding us you live in new york?

but seriously, thanks for posting.

Justin said...

You're a GLB. A "g-fantasically lazy blogger" Boo-yah.