Saturday, October 04, 2008

Improve your Image NOW in 2 minutes or less!

Grant, what's an easy way to instantly improve my look without breaking the bank? Well, avid reader, I have an answer for you. Interestingly enough, your question has stumbled us into one of my top pet peeves: people that dress their body type incorrectly. Wait, that wasn't what I wanted to talk about. Now what did I... OH, Right! What I wanted to talk about was another one of my top irritations: poor posture.
Walking the streets of NYC, I've found that a person with good posture instantly catches my eye. In a society where women slouch their shoulders and men hunch in their chairs, it's no wonder that everyday poise is deteriorating. When I was younger, I used to hunch all the time. Every time I went to my grandparents' house, my grandfather would correct this youthful folly. He constantly told me that the way to instantly impress a lady was to carry yourself in a self-assured manner. This was best conveyed by keeping a straight back and owning a stride that was as graceful as it was commanding. If the idea of propper posture is foreign to you, I suggest watching fashion runway videos. While the models' steps are often overly emphasized, they have the basic concept down. After some practice you may find that the muscles in the middle of your back are sore. This pain is probably earned by the simple act of keeping your shoulders back. Think of this as your body slapping you in the head for letting it get to this point. Final verdict: with a little practice, you can start turning heads with little more than your gait.

No comments: