Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Road Less Traveled

When I see pictures like this I often have this yearning desire to be walking along the path in the middle of nowhere without a care in the world and the wind whispering in my ears. I get the feeling that I am a person trapped within a split infinity. And by "split infinity" I mean that I long for one of two extremes. I either long for power, fame, and all the wealthy things that one can have, OR I want to be lost in thought away from everything. At times I would be totally content living in a small house in the country in some county that ends in 'esterchire' in England. If you have ever seen the movie The Saint with Val Kilmer, you will know what I am talking about because he goes to a little English farmhouse towards the end of the movie and his love interest meets him there. That is one of my ideal houses. Then, on the other side of the spectrum, I want to be at fancy galas and eating at the most expensive restaurants and be dressed up in a tux all the time. The odd thing is that I don't really ever dream about anything in the middle. I either want one or the other.

3 comments:

Justin said...

"The Saint"= great movie. I love Val Kilmer!

RJ said...

The Saint sucks. I dream about being Spiderman.

Justin said...

You suck. I dream about shoveling manure out of my farm stalls while wearing the Producer pant from Express and sipping Pinot Noir out of a Camelback. or getting stung by bees. Wait, it's just the second one.