Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Musicology

It is interesting how you can find a song to fit basically any mood that you can get yourself into. When it is a sunny day and you feel like being outside and driving with your windows down while wearing jeans and a t-shirt there is no better song than Somebody Like You by Keith Urban. Or let's say that you are depressed and you want to throw fuel on the fire. Look no further than Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisly and Allison Krauss. What's that? You feel like running around like mad...I've got just the song. Scatman by Scatman John will do in a pinch. Ok, Grant, I hear what you are saying but let's say that I want to seduce my mate. Off the top of my head, Yellow Daffodils by Malia or Slomotion by Stargazer should get the job done. If you are preparing for a sporting event things like Spybreak by Propellerhead or Eye of the Tiger by Survivor work wonders.

With knowing how music affects your moods, it gives you the edge to be able to influence them. It is pretty hard to stay in a down mood when you keep hearing songs like Call on Me by Eric Prydz...where as something like You by Fisher may just push you deeper into yourself. My recommendation: try to broaden your musical tastes and take some time to find out how they make you feel.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Nich Lachey music does push me deeper into myself, because I'm punching myself in the face. Hard enough to dent.