Monday, June 05, 2006

Scents and Sensibility

Back in the early '90s there was a movie called Scent of a Woman. What exactly is the scent of a woman? It is interesting because there are so many various colognes and perfumes out there, but what makes them attractive to other people? I find that it is great to change up my scent daily based upon how I feel and thus I am able to convey my mood to my wife without even having to be in the room. Actually, it isn't that much of a science, but I enjoy having several different types of cologne. I have an athletic, robust cologne for more everyday wear (Hummer), a citrus style cologne for a fresh smell (Acqua Di Gio by Armani), and a dressy cologne for a nice evening out (Polo Black). In highschool I used to only wear one type of scent, and yes it has its' perks because people begin to associate you with a particular aroma, but then you are very predictable. I really don't like being a person that is just a one horse down or a one trick pony or an old dog who can't learn a new trick pony. I am always looking to broaden the scope of my raw olfactory appeal, so Burburry and Puma will be added to my collection at some point.
I really enjoy the fact that my wife has 4 different perfumes (Esencia de Duende, CK Euphoria, VS Very Sexy, and opBlend) and they each affect me in a different way. The base of the perfume (ex: vanilla, citrus) changes the whole tone of the scent. It is amazing that women have so many options with how they want to smell. With the various hair products and body lotions and body mists, the possiblities are endless. Basically, I think that the scent of a woman is ever changing and that is for the best. Now I have too long dominated the conversation. What are your thoughts on the matter?

3 comments:

RJ said...

Again with the cassanova!! I've always thought your olfactory appeal far outweighed your other forms of sensory attraction, specifically gustatory, the perspective from which you're frankly terrible.

GMack said...

You know that I only keep quoting Casanova because you made a deal about it earlier.

Justin said...

I don't own any cologne. I smell rugged and manly, like a t-bone hacked out of a cow with an axe by a lumberjack/pirate.

I'm just kidding, I smell like head and shoulders and flatulence.