Sunday, June 04, 2006

Two to Tango

One of the things that I have come to really miss about not having to work and having lots of free time was the access to dancing facilities. I really miss being able to dance across the floor and even instruct from time to time. When I see movies like "Shall we Dance" or pretty much any other movie that has to do with one of the classical ballroom styles it makes me long for the time when I can get back out and perfect my skills again. The only problem around here is that if I want to do any dancing like that I have to travel at least to Pittsburgh or further. I remember a funny axe-finger-chopping, bearded fellow telling me that he once went to a place in Monroeville down below Pittsburgh with a group of people and having a wonderful time dancing with 80 year old women.

I think that it is very difficult to argue that good dancing is not captivating to watch. There is just something magical about how graceful the human form can become. It is stunning how we can convey some of our strongest emotions through the fluid movement through space to the echos of sound waves. Take for example, passion. I think this picture sums that up.


And when you go dancing, you have to get dressed up and the woman is usually in a dress. Since the dress is one of the sexiest things that a woman can wear, you can't go wrong there. Simple elegance with strappy heels and bare shoulders....mmmm mmm good. Plus men, it gives you a reason to buy another dress for your lady (which, by the way, is one of the hottest clothing items out this summer). My suggestion: Go dancing. Dancing is an amazing aphrodisiac.

3 comments:

Justin said...

I was at the bar last night and this borderline retarded guy danced by himself on an empty dance floor for like two hours to some crappy remix music. It was pretty much the greatest two hours of my life.

RJ said...

I was at home last night while this borderline disabled guy danced alone for like 120 minutes to some eurotrash electronica in Justin's bar, which was no where near me. But it was still pretty much the greatest two hours of my life also, besides any two hours we played Oblivion, and possibly my wedding.

RJ said...

replace oblivion with morrowind.