Sunday, June 04, 2006

While You Were Sleeping...

For anyone who is married, I am sure that one of your favorite things is the fact that you get to sleep with your significant other....in the same bed. That is, of course, unless you are like the 1950's and sleep in separate beds...and if that is you please stop reading. But seriously, one of the highlights to my day is always right before I fall asleep. There is just something very comforting getting to sleep beside the person you love. Plus, when it is freezing outside you can snuggle up together for body warmth.....and when it is hot you can snuggle next to the person until they scream for you to get your sticky body away from them.

Now the funny thing that I have noticed is the various ways that people sleep. Ok, take the couple in the picture at the top. Now this is a very protective and comforting way to sleep but what they don't tell you is that the guy's arm is basically turning black from loss of blood. This is a great way to sleep for a short while...like a nap. It is also a great way to start sleep and then move to another position.

This next couple has got a much better way to sleep and I am judging that by the way that they are sleeping that they are both left handed. Actually I don't know, but I am right handed and I sleep on the opposite side. This is a great position because you are facing each other and then when you wake up the other person is the first thing you see. Oh yeah, and you can melt their face with your morning breath.

The last couple is looking very comfortable and relaxed. I enjoy this position for shorter naps because if you lay this close and on top of each other for long periods it can get very warm. Basically sleeping is just awesome to start with and doing it with someone you love is even better. I just can't get enough of it and I look forward to my days off because I take advantage of that and sleep in with her.

1 comment:

RJ said...

I can't sleep on my back, so I can't try all of those poses, but I didn't see them anyway because we sleep in separate beds so I skipped to the end.