Thursday, September 07, 2006

G & S

So, recently I've had some time on my hands to think of creative ideas. Since I've been reading several different books about branding and fashion marketing, I've started thinking about myself as a marketable product. This stems from the development in the fashion industry of associating a designer with a brand (ex: Tom Ford with Gucci). Upon further inspection, I began to see that hospitality seems to be a trait that both my wife and I share... along with a taste for fashion.

As long as I can remember I have loved to put on parties and entertain guests. It is in my nature, though, to go above and beyond what a normal host would do. Extravagance and elegance are the two traits that I attempt to dovetail in all of my guests' experiences. I strive for upper class luxury with spa-like relaxation and ease. This is all pulled together under the guise that it took nothing to throw it together.

All of this led me to think of a brand/logo that I would use for my wife and myself. This logo could be placed on everything from invitations to the very napkins at the party. After an afternoon of brainstorming, I came up with an acceptable logo that is both simple and classy. Then, after working on the logo for so long, I decided to do an advertising campaign for this new "product". The advertisements would capture the ideals of our dogma while arousing intrigue and a subtle desire. The result of all this is captured within these several print advertisements*. Final verdict: Overdone... maybe. Creative... totally.

*Click on the pictures to view the entire advertisement in a larger format. The writing can be hard to read in the current size.

3 comments:

CharlesPeirce said...

Where's the spa going to go?

RJ said...

I think this would be one of the funniest things I'd ever read if you weren't serious about it, which you are, so instead it's just kind of disturbing, and a good example of the part of you I simply can't begin to understand.

JMC said...

"I've started thinking about myself as a marketable product."

Wow. The endgame of 3,000 years of Western Humanism. Wow.