Saturday, September 02, 2006

Twisted Insomnia

Recently, I decided to rent a movie that I have been wanting to see for some time. I had to wait until my wife was going to be out for the evening due to her lack of wanting to see it. Let me just say this: she missed out. The Machinist (El Maquinista), starring Christian Bale, was absolutly amazing. Now this actor can really act. Anyone that is willing to lose 63 pounds for his role should get an automatic nomination for an Oscar. For most of the movie, Trevor Reznik (Christian Bale) looked like a poster child for anorexia nervosa. He let his body waste away until he was nothing more than a walking skeleton. The movie was powerful and disturbing so don't come with a weak stomach. I give it two thumbs up. If you want to really see what insomnia can do to the body and mind I recommend this film.

Then, the thing that really is amazing is that only one year later he is up to his incredible build for playing Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins. Is this guy incredible, or what? You figure that he not only had to get back the 63 pounds he lost, but he had to put on about another 20 for the role of Batman. Final Verdict: get out and rent this just because Christian Bale is amazing.

1 comment:

RJ said...

Yeah. Bruce Wayne is so fat.